It’s National Moving Month, which means we’ll be busy at Simonik Transportation and Warehousing. May marks the beginning of a hectic residential moving season for people across the country. As students wrap up their final semesters and sunny weather emerges, thousands of households in and around New Jersey are preparing to move. Read on if you’re one of them, this article could save you from hiring bad moving company in central New Jersey, or a worse– falling for a moving scam.
Preparing for Your Summer Move: Remember to Plan Ahead
If you and your family are planning a move this season, choosing the right central NJ residential movers ahead of time is imperative. Most quality moving companies are typically booked during most of the summer months, so failing to prepare can leave you with a second or third-rate option.
Small New Jersey moving companies pop up during the summers to meet the excessive demand for movers in the summertime. Though many people opt for these companies at last-minute, the risk of a scam or damage is high.
Choose a Moving Company that Exceeds Expectations
You’ve spent years furnishing and decorating your home, but it only takes a few hours for a moving company to damage or lose your things on the job. Don’t put your home in the hands of an unreliable, low-end moving company.
We highly recommend checking customer reviews before making a final decision on our next moving company. The world class central New Jersey movers of Simonik Transportation have been helping local families relocate since 1977. Throughout our years of service, our clients have truly taken notice of our customer-oriented values, and we have the testimonials to prove it. Our exceptional moving reviews are a testament to our core beliefs in great customer service and top-tier efficiency.
Evaluate Movers’ Credentials
It’s always a good idea to look to other credentials, affiliations and achievements, both within and outside of the moving industry. Some examples of NJ moving company awards and achievements that are strong indicators of quality include:
- NJ Warehousemen & Movers Association (NJWMA) membership partnerships and awards for quality moving companies in New Jersey.
- Affiliation with a well-known national van line, such as Allied, and awards from the van line or other industry affiliates.
- Recognition and accolades from consumer-oriented organizations, such as HomeAdvisor approval and Women’s Choice Awards.
- Accreditation from the Better Business Bureau and an A+ rating for excellence based on consumer satisfaction and the BBB’s standards of quality performance.
- ProMover status from the American Moving and Storage Association (AMSA), bestowed upon only the reputable moving companies that meet AMSA’s first-rate moving standards.
This National Moving Month we urge you to exercise caution when choosing from local New Jersey moving companies – not all are equal! Remember to do your research now to save yourself the headache later.
Subscribe to Simonik Transportation & Warehousing's Blog