In recent months, despite the COVID-19 pandemic, home buyers have been getting around social distancing challenges by using their phone to do everything from virtually touring a home to applying for a mortgage.
Now, with Simonik Transportation’s new and detailed app, residential customers as well as small businesses can add moving to that list.
While COVID-19 has thwarted our face-to-face contact, Simonik is employing an easy-to-use app that helps us provide virtual estimates and coordinate moves with detailed efficiency and speed like never before.
After researching a tool that would provide the efficiency and ease-of-use we were looking for, we partnered with Virtual Moving Technologies.
How it Works & What to Expect
To get a quote, the homeowner or small business simply downloads the app to their phone. The process is straightforward:
- We setup an appointment time to virtually walk through the house or office, room by room, using the camera on their phone
- The tour is live, which allows us to talk with them throughout the tour
- The app records each room, as well as all access points, so we can review it at any time while preparing for the move
While other moving companies have opted to use FaceTime, we chose this app because it includes prompts for each room in the house or office, so no items get missed. This provides more accurate estimating than other available digital options.
Once prepared for the move, we abide by all necessary social distancing guidelines:
- Wearing masks
- Keeping a six-foot distance from other parties involved in the move whenever practical.
- Wearing gloves and booties during your move when requested.
Simonik also follows strict guidelines to keep you, our team and our equipment safe for everyday use:
- Daily temperature checks of our crews prior to dispatching
- Trucks, boxes & trailers are wiped down with sanitary wipes and sprayed with disinfectant at the start of each shift and throughout the workday
If you would like to learn more about our virtual survey app and other services, call Simonik today: 800-257-7462 or email us.
To download the app, visit the App Store or Google Play.
Subscribe to Simonik Transportation & Warehousing's Blog